Tuesday, March 29, 2005

●● Do You Like Perioperative Nursing? ●●

Do you like operating theatre nursing? That was one question posed by our nursing officers [Sister Layhoon and Sister Letchumi]. There was no point staying in OT if you do not like OT nursing. Because, PRCP is a very important time for us to learn as much before we register ourselves as qualified staff nurse in Singapore Nursing Board. PRCP = Pre Registration Consolidation Placement.


For those who are bonded to their respective hospitals, after PRCP, they would usually go back to the wards/areas that they are posted to during PRCP to work as a registered nurse where they would don the hospital's uniform and be part of the team.


There were many of us posted to TTSH's OT. I was the only one who was not bonded and the rest were bonded to TTSH. It was a privilege given by TTSH's OT's Senior Nursing Officer [Sister Choo] and TTSH's Nurse Educator [Sister Layhoon]. I felt so thankful for the chance to be posted to a speciality area during PRCP even though I wasn't bonded to TTSH. It was a rare opportunity and I was relly happy because ever since the last posting, I fell in love with TTSH's OT nursing. The 3 speciality areas that I love was IMH's Psychiatry units, NUH's Emergency Department and TTSH's Operating Theatres.


So, we were posed the above question. And all of us sat down to think and to make a decision that could affect our future. I decided that I love OT nursing and I would continue my PRCP attachment in OT for 2 weeks. It was a struggle for Tracy, Xiaocui, Mas. Some decided to leave. Nadiah, Evelyn and Shwee Yee decided that ward nursing was what they wanted and requested out of OT. It was sad to see them leave but then, it was good for them. So let's hope they would perform their best in the wards. ^_^


The rest of us stayed on. And we decided to make the best out of it. I would use these 2 weeks to learn as much as possible and to scrub up for as many operations as possible. ^_^

Labels:


––––•( rolling star @ 11:49 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥