Saturday, April 30, 2005
●● Sleeping Day ●●
It's really sleeping day..
I finished my night duty @ around 8am..
Came home, lazed around, bathed, makan and watch my beloved telly until 9am..
Sleep.
Slept and slept...
Woke up just to eat dinner and continue sleeping..
I think I slept for almost 18-24hours.
OKie.. I know. I'm piggy xin now.
But relly so tired lo.. Doing 1 night duty is like doing 3 days worth of work. Cannot tahan..
I was relly trying hard not to fall asleep..
Esp. at around 4-5am.. Super sleepy..
I had to walk around, see see my patients, helped them cover blankets *halo above head*, talked to them, eat tidbits and drink my beloved ribena to stay awake..
Haha..
Anyway, I fetched back patient from Operating Theatre (OT) @ around midnight. SUPER EERIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WEIRD NOISES IN THE LIFT.. Oh my god..
I was ready to fly out of the lift when I reached level 9.. I was alone cos I sent back the oxygen tank that we borrowed for our trachy patient.
Sickening lo.. SN Faz told me.. "If you see something, don't scream, just faint."
Wah liew.. Scare me sia... Almost died.
Night shift 3x parameters. SUPER sianz. Imagine disturbing patients once every 2 hours.. Omg.
Anyway, 1st night = Assistant nurse job - followed AN Tessa. She's so cute.
2nd night = Staff nurse job - took 5 cases - followed SN Ancy/Merry.
Tak boleh tahan.. Cannot sia... Very tiring..
But I really love night. Quiet and peaceful. Unless patient collapses.
Talking about which, my 1st night, my patient collapses. Code Blue.
He desaturated and heart rate slowed down..
The rest of the night staff were passing reports.. So although I finished my work liao, I stayed back to help..
E-trolley pushed in. Patient monitored on defibrillator.
Cannot. Pt not breathing on his own. So SN Evageline bagged mask ventilated him..
DR asked if I did CPR before, "Yupz.. Did it in A/E dept before."
"So, okie, you help to do CPR."
So I climbed onto the bed and started doing my CPR.
1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 5...
1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 10...
1 and 2 and 3 and 4 and 15...
o2
o2
Mr Cheow was there, supervising..
SN Eva and SN Faz bagged pt..
2 DRs deciding on treatment..
Did for quite awhile den switched to Faz to do..
Doing CPR machiam working out in gym for long hours..
Super tiring and hands aching...
So, me and Faz alternate.. Anyway, pt stablized and continue monitoring. ^_^
When I tried to document down event, my hands were trembling. After-effects of CPR.
Always like that. Last time in NUH's A/E, it was also like that for every CPR I've done.
Anyway, it feels good to save lives.
I love it.