Tuesday, May 31, 2005
●● I'm A State Registered Nurse ●●
Yipppeeeeeeee!!!
Haha... Please call me RN Xin. Haha.. Oh my god~~
This is too good to be true~! Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
Today, we arranged to meet @ Outram MRT to go to College of Medicine Building's Singapore Nursing Board to register ourselves. Jiajia and Peifu were surprisingly early and Xiaowei was late. >_< We waited for a long while before she came. Anyway, she drove us from Outram to College of Medicine Building.
The weather was so damn hot. I wonder if we're melting soon. * melts *
Anyway, we were all very excited. The guy who came to help us with the registration was so cute. Haha. I guessed he could sense our excitement. Anyway, it was so ex lo. We had to pay $100 bucks for the whole thing.
We were issued our Registration/Practising card in exchange for the form and official transcript of our results. Xiaofu was so happy upon seeing the card. Haha. He kissed his card so many times. And us, we were all smiling. It felt good!
Amidst all the obstacles and difficulties, each of us emerged as a stronger and better person, and definitely a more caring nurse. It wasn't easy. Nursing was never easy. 3 years were never easy. 3 years, 6 semesters, 36 months worth of lectures, tutorials, projects, assignments, presentations, tests, examinations, practicals, attachments. There were so much hard work and sincere efforts put in to gain recognition from the Singapore Nursing Board. Everyone of us pulled each other along the way to reach our finishing goal.
I guess, only us, only we could feel that sense of achievement. This card is a symbol of recognition for our efforts and i embrace it happily. I finally own it - my personal practising card with my name on it. ^_^
This card is a passport to many countries, a gateway to opportunities and a opening to a better future. Yippppeee! I yearn to practise in other countries and I wish to experience other cultures. So, wish me luck as i embrace my future!
We have spent 3 good years learning how to be a good staff nurse (Registered nurse) and I want to be the best nurse that a patient could ever have. Being able to provide care for people is a job I deemed with honor. It is a privilege to be able to walk into the ward and care for people whom you have never met before.
And before you know it, they have given you their trust and believe strongly in your care. They appreciate your presence and would love to talk to you about their problems. They wish you could be there to speak to them and help them voice their opinions. They hope you could be by their side to comfort them and allay their fears from deep within. And, they become my dear patients whom I care for, my friends whom I chat with, my seniors whom I learnt from or my juniors whom I protect. Each patient leaves me with a beautiful memory in my heart and I endear them tightly.
Thank you very much for believing in me.