Tuesday, May 03, 2005
●● Salute DR Wee Kim Wee ●●
I have just read from the papers that Dr Wee Kim Wee has passed away on 2/5/2005, 5:10am @ his home.
He died from complications arising secondary to his prostate cancer.
He was in the hospital for a month but was back home 3 days ago.
He was in pain until the moment he died.
Truely, very often, cancer patients suffered from pain and the anguish felt.
My heart goes all the way for them, and everytime I nurse them, I do my very best to lessen any pain they have.
Usually, we are unable to eradicate all pain but at least we will try to minimise it.
Most often, morphine is used.
Dr Wee was a humble man, approachable and reaching out to people from all walks of life..
He has helped to build a better future for us. Thank you for all your contributions to Singapore.
Thank you Mr President!
The State flag at all government buildings will be flown at half mast as a mark of respect for Dr Wee.
*Salutes*