Wednesday, September 21, 2005

●● Weeeeeee! ●●

Don't I just love browsing my own blog! Haha. Cos got my fave song playing away. Haha ^_^


Today is just another typical Wednesday, mid week, definitely feeling so much better! Cos weekends are flying in soon! I just love the weekends~! I'm always so much happier with my giraffe around me. ^_^


I went KKH to do my voluntary work with those little kids there! I love children so so much! Muuaacckks! It's such a pleasing experience to see happy children drawing, painting and playing xbox. Haha. Lucky kids.


Aww.. I'm such a sucker for new beautiful words. I discover some treasures today!


Theme of the day is 'philia'. The word 'philia' is used to specify the love/obsession/affinity/attraction to something. I used to think that any words ending with 'philia' is negative. However, today I had the opportunity to chance upon this awesome set of words. What a treasure grove. I've picked out some of the more interesting ones.


A


androphilia: Love of men
andromimetophilia: Love of women dressed as men
apodysophilia: Desire to undress, see also nudism
apotemnophilia: Desire to amputate a healthy limb
autogynephilia: Love of oneself as a woman



B


bibliophilia: Love of books
biophilia: Love of nature



C


claustrophilia: Love of enclosed spaces
coprophilia: Sexual pleasure from faeces



E


ephebophilia: Sexual attraction towards adolescents



G


gerontophilia: Sexual attraction towards the elderly
glossophilia: Love of languages
gynophilia: Love of women



H


hippophilia: Attraction/attracted to horses
Hoplophilia: Attraction/attracted to firearms and weaponry



L


logophilia: Love of words - May be interested in word games, crosswords, or Scrabble, and in the extreme, derive enjoyment from reading things commonly given less notice, such as labels.
lygophilia: Love of darkness



M


maiesiophilia: Sexual attraction to childbirth or pregnant women
mysophilia: A paraphilia relating to soiled or dirty material
myrmecophilia: Love of ants




N


necrophilia: Sexual attraction to corpses
negrophilia: Love of black people
neophilia: Love of the latest novelties and trends
nepiophilia: The same as infantophilia: sexual attraction to children between the age of 0 - 3 yrs.
nyctophilia: A preference for darkness or night.



O


Oenophilia: Love of wine; also the name of a business
ophiophilia: Love of snakes
ornithophilia: Love of birds



P


paraphilia: Any sexual attraction considered unusual or taboo
pedophilia: Sexual attraction to children



R


retrophilia: Love of things of the past
rhinophilia: Love of noses



T


thalassophilia: Love of seas
theophilia: Love of a God
trichophilia: Love of hair
turophilia: Love of cheese / connoisseur of cheese



X


xenophilia: Love of foreigners (in science-fiction, can also mean sexual attraction to aliens)



Z


zoophilia: Love of non-human animals



At the end of it all, I realized that this is indeed a very strange world. Haha. People could be attracted to anything and everything. Some even had sexual attraction to infants, ants, corpses, aliens?!?!!


About the bit on coprophilia, I once heard of such psychiatric patients. This couple simply loves defecating on the bed where they will coitus. So, they always have sex with their feces on their bed. I guess no one has the right to criticise or scold them because its their own private sexual preferences. But, it's indeed a weird weird world out there!


––––•( rolling star @ 8:31 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥