Thursday, November 17, 2005
●● Drunkard ●●
Today, Darren told me his daddy was sleeping in his bedroom toilet. Darren is only 5 years old this year. I asked him why his daddy was lying there, he couldn't answer me. So, presumely, his dad came home drunk and concussed in the bathroom.
Why drunk? Cos, I know his dad loves drinking. And he has lots of alcohol at home on display. He's just a young 30 + years old man, but heavily into drinking, so much so that he even invested in a pub near Mohd Sultan Rd.
It's a totally bad example to the kids. Darren once told me that he wants to drink like his father. * Shakes head * And as for his wife, I wonder how she could tolerate someone who keeps coming home drunk. I wouldn't be able to stand it. Probably I would kick him out of my house. * Kicks hard on the butt *
No joke. I wouldn't be able tolerate such nonsense. Once in a while, it would be alright. If he keeps repeating such acts, he deserves to be sent to AA [Alcoholics Annoymous] for rehab. Terrible to the liver, harmful to health, threatens marriage, bad example to kids.
Perhaps because in the hospital, I have seen so many patients coming in with liver cirrhosis due to drinking. Later on, some patients got re-admitted because of complications of liver cirrhosis - liver cancer. It's sad isn't it? Liver cancer is very very very very painful. No matter how much morphine is served, the liver cancer patient will cry out in pain later. They looked so worn out and haggard, pale and jaundice. Is drinking and getting drunk really worth it?
It's time we treasure our health a little more.