Tuesday, January 17, 2006

●● Shakespeare In Love ●●

:: ROMEO ::

O, she doth teach the torches to burn bright! (1.5.44)
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope's ear;
Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear!
So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows,
As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows. (1.5.49)
The measure done, I'll watch her place of stand,
And, touching hers, make blessed my rude hand.
Did my heart love till now? forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night. (1.5.53)


:: JULIET ::

But to be frank, and give it thee again.
And yet I wish but for the thing I have. (2.2.132)
My bounty is as boundless as the sea,
My love as deep; the more I give to thee,
The more I have, for both are infinite. (2.2.135)




Layla Kaylif :: Shakespeare In Love


He's fought and he's fallen
He's on his knees before he's on his feet
A sinister romantic
Oh, he's about to be and she's about to see


Teachin' torches to burn bright
She's hanging on the cheek of night
A snowy dove trooping with crows
He never saw true beauty till tonight



She'll take him to the brink of deliverance
Show him that much
Oh, don't you know it
Oh, don't you know it
So he falls in love to feel that he's falling
She'll let him know his heart
Oh, don't you know it
Oh, don't you know it
That's Shakespeare in love


He's fought and he's fallen
He's on his knees before he's on his feet
A glittery romantic
Oh, he's about to be and she's about to see


His bounty's boundless like the sea
His love is endless, just as deep
The more he gives the more he has
`Cause both of them are truly infinite



She'll take him to the brink of deliverance
Show him that much
Oh, don't you know it
Oh, don't you know it
So he falls in love to feel that he's falling
She'll let him know his heart
Oh, don't you know it
Oh, don't you know it
That's Shakespeare in love


That's Shakespeare in love



After all these years, (1999 till now), around 7years, I still luuurrrvvee this song v.v.v.much. So literature, so shakespeare, so romeo-and-juliet. I studied Romeo and Juliet. It's a beautiful piece of work by Shakespeare and i luuurrrvvveee it. So, this song is jus perfect for the timeless literature story. Today, I heard it again and I felt so nostalgic. So, I quoted the R+J.


Literature is such a beautiful subject to study, however, its such a headache subject for exams. It's simply too subjective. But still i luurrvvee it. Macbeth, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, The Merchant of Venice.. All these are my faves as well.. *mmuuuaccks*

Labels:


––––•( rolling star @ 8:15 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥