Saturday, February 18, 2006

●● Sydney ●●

I'm safe and sound in sydney.




:: 14 Feb Tuesday ::


Happy Valentine's to my daa. Loveeee you. Daa came over to help me pack my luggage. And basically we rotted the whole day at home, packing luggage and tuning my ipod nano. !!! Daa gave me a nano for vday. !!!!!! *double !!!* i loveeeee him, honestly, truly, sincerely. Hurhurhur :p Camped in my house. Sleepy pig.




:: 15 Feb Wednesday ::


Went to airport at 6.30am. So freaking early. Daa went with us. Uncle drove us there. The luggage was freaking huge and heavy. Luckily got the men to help. I so yi yi bu she to leave xuan and daa. I miss them.


The food on the plane is thumbs up! *yummy* Pasta. redwine, lasagne and fruits desert, orange/apple juices. But i sit until my legs aching like crazy. I scared dvt sia. Deep vein thrombosis. Numbed legs. Watched "In Her Shoes" movie on the plane. Quite a nice show about the sisters' rivalries but also, it depicts true sisters' love. So, i caught a movie that i really wanted to watch! Hurhur :p


Flight was delayed so plane landed in sydney late too. Reached my hostel around 9-10+pm. The timing here is 3 hours earlier than in sg. For example, its 8pm in singapore but its 11pm here in sydney. Jet lag. :)


Bunked in with me. Orr orr, unpacked. Tired after the long flight.




:: 16 Feb Thursday ::


Walked like a thousand miles :( Walked like mad. Explored the USYD campus. Damn big. Humongous campus. *!!!* Walked like my legs' gonna break. Saw my nursing campus @ Mallett Street. After that went to arrival talk at Westworth campus, Biochemistry school. Very pretty korean counselor. And i made a new indian friend :)


Shopping at kmart and coles. V.v.v.big supermarkets. It's so different and the money is so weird here. I keep getting confused about their coins. Their 2 dollars coins are just like our 5cents, just a little bigger. Confusing. And their 50cents are huge-ass. Weird. Hahaha : )


Did my bank account with westpac bank. Slow and lax. Goodness how long we have waited. If it's in singapore, probably they would get a million trillion zillion complaint letters or calls. -_-


We did our own dinner in my studio apartment. Instant noodles. Something similar to asians' diet. Not some burgers and chips. Sucks. Ooo. I loveeee turkey minced meat. Cheap and yummy. Loveee~




:: 17 Feb Friday ::


We had a good tour around chinatown of sydney. Really alot of asians, mainly made up of china and hongkong people. Flooded. Influx of china people. Everywhere you go, you see them. Super. In awe. Anyway, Mom bought some v.v.v.good lanolin cream which is made of aussie's sheep and placenta and vitamin E. I think all women love such treasures. i've got one too. Mine's more ex! Hahaha. Mom dotes on me.


And we went around shopping for more chinese stuffs. Only the chinese knows what a chinese needs/wants. So the thaikee supermarket is a great help to us. We got most of my necessities there. Guess how much does yeos' drinks cost here. 6packets of any yeos' drinks cost $5.40 aud. So, its basically $6.75 sgd for 6 packets of drinks, which means its 1 dollar plus sgd for just a pack of yeos' drink. HELLO?! I've just learnt to appreciate more of singapore stuffs because alot of stuffs in sg simply cost double or even triple here in aus. That's crazy, v.v.v. insane.


But no choice. Have to adapt. Ooo. But milk here is cheap. A very big 2L of milk cost only $2.48 aud. Pasta is even crazy, 59cents. Hurhurhur :p I guess aussie's stuffs are just as insane. I'm drinking milk like its free. I keep drinking. Fulfilled my stomach of my all-time-fave drink. Anyway, it's so much cheaper than drinking yeos or coke or pepsi. Oh yar, Coke bottles are fat here. Alot of aussies love coke so it explains their sizes too. Such drinks are so sugary. I hate it.


We cooked rice *yippee!!* and braised chicken in my studio. It's amazing what we could cook in my so-freaking-small-apartment-as-compared-to-my-house-in-singapore. Hahhaa. Heavenlicious. I love chinese food. Makes me feel at home, and not faraway in ang-moh lands. Fark.




:: 18 Feb Saturday ::


We had pizza for breakfast in my studio. The smell just makes me melt. Yummy. We decided to do some real stuffs that tourists would do. Touring!! We went to Sydney Fish Market! Lots of seafood in parade. You choose and they cook. Looks yummy.


We also went around Darling Habour. *yup,it'sdarlinghabour.nomistake.* It's beautiful with its National Maritime museum *lots-of-ships* and Star City and Sydney's casino.


We also passed by the Chinese Gardens. Hurhur. So act chinese lo. The feel is not so strong lah. Too ang-moh. And, we went to Paddy's Markets. It's flooded with stuffs. V.v.v good place to do shopping. And we went back to Chinatown again. It was so damn tiring after all the walks. But it was fun! I love mammy!




*photos will be updated next time. currently super limited bandwidth. farking aussie's internet services.*

Labels:


––––•( rolling star @ 6:54 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥