Wednesday, March 08, 2006

●● Stress Day I ●●

Today's our first ever lectures in USYD. Pretty messed up during the start due to the change in locations.. blah blah.. Basically v.v.v.disorganised systems.


Our module of the day is community health nursing. Dr Lilian is very interesting and pretty humorous. We had a whole day of lectures and tutorials and discussions just on community health nursing. *omigosh*


Back in singapore system, if we have a day of lessons, probably the day would be filled with different lecturers teaching on different modules like nursing science, biological science or behavioral science.


Now, in USYD's system, a day of lessons means a day of having lectures/tuts on just that one module. Sounds good? It's horrendous. A day of lessons is usually from 9am-5pm. So, for that 8 hours in school, we're just listening and talking about that same topic. And it's horrifying. By the end of the day, i'm so physically and mentally drained. It's so tiring because i've to do my best to concentrate with 8 hours of lessons straight. *-_-*


And, to top up my stress, community health is a non-examinable module, which means no exams, *yippeee!!*, but it would mean lots of on-campus work. So, it sets the record straight by asking 2 essays 4000 words and a community profile package from us. I'm feeling super high since then.


I'm gonna become an investigator, investigating about the epidermiology of prevalent diseases in particular area of sydney. For our group, it's Randwick. Heard it's pretty there, with lovely bondi beach. I hope the local govt is friendly enough to tolerate young girls like us poking around his areas, investigating on the diseases that are more likely to occur there.


I think it's pretty practical for this module. We really have to assess a certain community and provide plans for nursing care/prevention for any prevalent/upcoming diseases. For us, we chose diabetes! Quite common i should say, amongst obese coke-drinking-people, or elderly.


It's sounds kinda fun, but the essays are abit of a turn-off. Essays are individual, so basically, every now and then, i'll have to sit in front of my lappie and start rattling away.


But it's pretty cool to investigate, almost like a real community health nurse, or an epidermiologist. And Dr Lillian is v.v.v.nice. So it makes things alittle more tolerable.


After our mind-boggling lectures, ying and i went to our latest hungout place - broadway shopping center. Hahaa. Basically, we have nowhere else to go too. And that's the best place to get every thing. And i bought loads of ingredients to do my sandwich lunch.


Lunch in faculty is freaking-ffff expensive. AUD$6.95 for sandwich. I almost died when i paid my sandwich today. I'm going to pack my own lunch for tomorrow onwards. Plus, a banana a day will keep constipation and doctors away. So, i'm packing in banana too. *ooo-banana-so-sexy*


I bought my first ever calling card with help from ying!! *tada!* I'm going to call daa and give him a surprise. *teeheehee* I wonder how long this AUD$10 can last. Hopefully till 3 months :)


For dinner today, i was too tired to even lift a pot or pan. I just microwaved my bechamel lasagne bought from the hypermart. It's oomph-delicious, with bolognaise and bechamel sauces over the sheets of pasta, v.v.v.heaven-licious. And, it's topped with swiss and parmesan cheeses. ooommmph~ Together with a few episodes of anime and cups of apple&mango fruit juice, my dinner was perfect.


But tomorrow's whole day of lectures too - health assessment. Ahhh~ my brain is fried.

Labels: ,


––––•( rolling star @ 7:17 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥