Friday, August 04, 2006
●● Perturbed ●●
It's been quite disturbing. THE MONSTER has started talking bad about a certain new girl (i'm naming her E) in our group. Throughout the trip, from the start till when we were coming back, it seems that THE MONSTER has been trying to poison our minds again. Labels: RANTS
But the fact is, i've talked to the E before. Although she's very direct and forthcoming, but she's definitely nice :) I enjoyed talking to her, listening to her telling me about her friends and showing me her pixs. She taught me how to tie french bun and told me what accessories to get. Sometimes, she knocks on my door and asks if i need anything from coles whenever she's dropping by there. Sometimes, she pops messages on my msn to say hi. Sometimes, she starts suan-ing me and i shoot her back. I think she's definitely a good funny gal friend.
I like her.
I don't care if she copies whoever's french bun at work. I don't care if she appears proud. I don't care if she sticks to a particular someone and not to another. I don't care if she's from a well-to-do family. I don't care if THE MONSTER said that a particular someone didn't really like her or what. I don't care if someone said she's paying alot of attention on boys. I don't care if YOU said she's wild. Blah blah and blah blah. STOP TELLING ME ALL THESE. I really don't care. Honestly.
After the episode of THE MONSTER backstabbing us, i've learnt my lesson hard and solid. I've to beware whenever she's nice. It's really awful having to guard against someone. But in the small world we have right now, i have no choice but to do this. I've to protect myself, lest i get hurt again. It's tough getting my feet back and getting my emotions stablised.
So throughout the whole trip, i had been trying my best. Every time THE MONSTER said something, i would do teh-tarik, meaning i would pull the conversation and try to change it. Or sometimes, i simply give up and say, "i think its because we do not know E well", or i would say, "i think maybe we should get to know E and then see", or i said, "I think she's okie/nice/blahblah."
I've repeated sentences like these for like the whole entire trip. I'm sick of it. And it's absolutely annoying that in this semester, she's targeting someone new again. At first it was A, then it was me and PY, now she's doing the same old thing to E. I really detest it. It's despicable to gain popularity through all these. I wonder why she keeps doing all these.
I've told myself that i'm not going to shape E's impression based on what THE MONSTER had said. I'm learning to get to know A once again, through my own personal interaction with her, and not based on the poisoning that THE MONSTER had given us. So similarly, i will get to know E based on her own merits.
E's definitely direct, but you know what, i think i like her more than people who go around people's backs. I would much prefer straightforward people like E, rather than meanie backstabbers.
You know what, ultimately, i really hate politics like this. I guess im still really young to play/like the game. It really sux.