Sunday, May 06, 2007
●● Tired But Happy Workaholic ●●
I've been really hard at work for a month (since 09/04/07) already! How time flies. I didn't even realised! Labels: WORKwork
I'm now working in onco settings. I travel between the 3 hospitals. As long as my patients require me, i'll be there for them.
I'm loving my job! It's an amazing experience for each of my working days. I love the patient-interactions involved. Although it can get very depressing sometimes (one of my patient has just passed on), but most of the time, I'm feeling very appreciated and useful. It's really a combination of psychiatric and oncology knowledge, though I'm seriously lacking in the latter. I have to admit that my expertise area would be in psychiatry and not oncology.
Nevertheless, i love the way that I'm able to put text book knowledge to use: nurses as patients' advocate, counsellor, educator and caregiver. If i do have a chance, i would really love to work hard as a psy nurse in the ward. But as for right now, i'll do my best for my current job and enjoy the learning process :)