Friday, January 04, 2008

●● Dome Cafe at Dempsey ●●



Lunch was at Dempsey Hill for our guests from Myanmar. The cafe is fronted by a small, but charming alfresco dining area.



Once we stepped in, the quaint Victorian style is indeed captivating. The high ceilings are distinctive and there is a baroque design right on top. I was flipping through the menu and having a seriously difficult time deciding. The starters, main and deserts are so alluring, especially because of those pictures posted right besides their menu.



I really wanted their salads! So enticing! But my main (below) appears to have a small portion of salad already, thus I forgo the salad. I wouldn't mind just having the salad for lunch (i love greens!) but the pie was too tempting. To think i was trying to diet (it was gone with the wind within seconds after flipping through the menu)!



For the pie, we have a choice between chicken or beef. I chose the barley cream chicken pie. The downside of this cafe was its waiting time. It was s-l-o-w. Perhaps I should learn to relax a little more. Moving back to fast-paced Singapore has made me hasty once again. I reckon if it was dinner with loved ones, i wouldn't have been impatient.

The dish was well-prepared; the salad was fresh and dressed, the pie was crispy and tasty, the mix of cream barley, celery, carrots and cubes of chicken was perfect.

Dome's definitely recommended as a chill-out place! And, I would love to try its deserts someday.

Labels: ,


––––•( rolling star @ 10:57 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥