Wednesday, August 31, 2005
●● The Eve of 绝对 Superstar ●●
Who is the real Superstar? Tomorrow we'll have the answer right in front of our eyes. Today our Singapore is filled with an inevitable Superstar aura that looms over our heads. Everyone is talking about Kelly Poon and Kelvin Tan. It's really almost everyone. Goodness. Labels: ENVISAGE
The radio is broadcasting them, telly is talking about them, the news are reporting about them and even the magazines are all about them. It's such a craze.
But honestly, who do you think will win?
Kelly is truly charismatic and of course, she has powerful vocals [even though i honestly prefer xinhui]. And I love her rendition of Coco's 美丽笨女人。It caught my attention when she was singing it in the preliminaries. It was really good.
And definitely, she has the Superstar aura all over her, dancing and prancing around, doing her stuffs professionally, winning her fans' ardent support. Moreover, she is dazzling on stage, pretty and glamourous. Her stage presence is awesome.
But she faced intense competition from the opposition, one who can really makes you sit down quietly and listen to him.
He is Kelvin and I truly admire him for his courage to pursue his dreams. Deep down in my heart, I guess I am just like him. But I know that he is more courageous, put up with more nonsense from people and has definitely worked hard to achieve his status now.
How many of you out there dare pursue your dreams even when it seems impossible? I guess alot of people would not. Alot of people reside in their safety zones, doing 'secure' things that seems to guarantee success and comfort. But how many of you are truly happy?
It's the fear of losing, fear of embarassment, fear of being the butt of jokes and the fear of failures that stops alot of people from giving their all in doing what they actually wanted to do.
However, I seriously do think that we, humans, only live once. Sometimes, when I am faced with a difficult decision, I will wonder to myself whether I will regret making that particular decision. But often, I'll feel more compunctious if I didn't follow my heart.
Therefore, alot of people find that I am very strong-headed. Because once I have made a decision, I put in my all and push myself to the max. This often gives others great pressure.
But of course, now, I am more tamed and subdued, not as wild and unrestrained. Haha. Reason being: I'm not studying now and neither am I really working.
My close friends can note the difference in me when I work or study. It's as if something has been ignited and I will ride with the flow, working and working till I reached my peak. They will see this bizzare and stressed up girl slogging like mad. Haha. Scary me.
But that's what I consider life, isn't it? The ability to just do your best for something that you like. Isn't that happiness? At least, that's what I think.
Kelvin has given us a whole new meaning to Superstar. Does being a Superstar means that you got to be beautiful or handsome or cute? Does it means that a handicapped person has no rights to be a Superstar? There are alot of moral and social issues involved.
Everyone, regardless of who he/she is, has the right to search and live for his/her dreams. Because it is the meaning of life. What is life without dreams? Wouldn't it be boring and mundane?
Alot of people may think that he does not deserve to come so far. But who is to judge him? Who is to judge this person who has come so far all by himself, all by his own efforts? I think, no one except for himself has the right to do so.
He will be the judge for his own performance tomorrow. Whether he thinks he's already the best and becomes arrogant and lacking in his performance or whether he is willing to be humble and put in his very best for his performance, he will have his zealous and resolute fans standing by him. Having come so far, I think, he will be so contented with so many fans who is supporting him.
So, who will be the winner? I guess the winner belongs to the one who has the best abilities to unite his/her fans together, to believe in himself/herself the most. I wish them all the best. And I will be waiting to see who is the one who captivates Singapore most.
So good luck!