Thursday, February 23, 2006

●● Cold ●●

The weather's turning cold. I could feel it. The morning wind was chilly. I had to stick my 2 hands into my pockets to warm them. And the whole day at orientation, i was so restless because it was freezing inside the auditorium. I wonder if fall is coming. I see yellowed maple leaves on the streets of sydney, very beautiful and very romantic.


Today marks the end of the 2-parts-international-students' orientation. I'm glad i attended the orientation. Now i know more things than i did before. Life in sydney and studying in an australian institution is indeed deviating. First-hand experience.


However it's so dangerous on the streets of sydney so much so that they even have security patroling the grounds of USyd, with cars, with bikes and even on foot. And we're given tonnes of pamphlets on sexual assault, personal safety and blah blah.


As I walked through one of the dangerous 'hot'spots, Victoria park, i'm always on double, triple or 4xs more alertness. Victoria park is an awesome nature spot, a big round pond with birds and ducks and swans flying or swimming around it. However, there's lots of criminal activities going on there, morning and night. You can see used packets/papers containing drugs, broken glass pieces and loads of other rubbish.


And i heard that it's a popular spot for rapists or molesters to lurk around because many female students are passing through Vic park to get home. -_- I'm indeed very stunned. Singapore will definitely not allow such atrocities to occur openly. Erradication would probably commence almost immediately. The media would make a big hoo-haa. And many singaporeans would probably do it our singapore way - complain, complain and complain.


Now, i wear super sensible shoes to school, almost ready to run if need be. No more pretty frily girly high heels. It would probably kill me instead. Angmohs so big, so strong, how to win right if i can't even run? *although i'm so bad with running too*


I think my extent of culture shock is shocking me beyond words. Sometimes, i just wish i could have a singapore police right besides me when i stepped out into the streets. Wouldn't it be so nice? At least there'll also be someone to listen and laugh and chit-chat with me in singlish. Lol. Personal bodyguard.


But i'm still excited about life here. I'm waiting anxiously to go for my own faculty orientation. That's where i'll meet my real schoolmates. I hope they're nice. Well, i do think that nurses are more likely to be friendlier :) Afterall, day in and day out, we're used to helping people that we don't even know. I hope to have a terrific semester in Mallett. :) god bless me.

Labels:


––––•( rolling star @ 12:36 PM )•––––
0 rolls

me ♥

lurrvs ♥

my tagg prints ♥

my rolling stars ♥